Ms. Shazia Hashmat
Assistant Professor / Incharge
- Fatima Jinnah Women University, Rawalpindi.
Incharge Department of Communication and Media Studies, Incharge Radio VoW (Voice of Women) (June 2014 – To Date)
- Assistant Professor
Fatima Jinnah Women University, Rawalpindi.(Dec 2006 – To Date)
- Visiting Faculty
Summer Course in ISPR (Inter Services Public Relations) in collaboration with Riphah University (Summer 2008)Course: Communication and Mind Wars
- Visiting Faculty
Fatima Jinnah Women University, Rawalpindi.(Sep 2004 – Nov 2006)
- Teaching Assistant
Fatima Jinnah Women University, Rawalpindi.(Nov 2003 – June 2004)
- First Union Bank (Now Wachovia Bank), Columbia, MD, 21045, (U.S.A).
Junior Customer Relation Officer (Nov 1994 –April 2000)
- Rawalpindi District Courts with Late Mrs. Nahida Mehboob Elahi- Lawyer of Supreme Courts of Pakistan, Associated with Human Rights Commission of Pakistan.
- Presentation Convent School, Quetta.
Teacher / Coordinator
- Co Instructor in a collaboration video link workshop on "Analysis of ethnic/racial/gendered representation in film and television" of Fatima Jinnah Women University and South Asia Institute, University of Texas, Austin, U.S.A. in Oct, 2013
- Research Affiliate and visiting Scholar in South Asia Institute, University of Texas, Austin, U.S.A from 1st January, 2013 to 31st May, 2013.
- Co Instructor in a collaboration video link course of Fatima Jinnah Women University and University of Nebraska, U.S.A. from 1st January, 2010 to 31st May, 2010
- Junior Customer Relation Officer (Nov 1994 -April 2000) in First Union Bank (Now Wells Fargo Bank), Columbia, MD, 21045, (U.S.A)
- M.Phil in Mass Communication
Allama Iqbal Open University, Islamabad (1st Position - 2011).
- Masters of Communication Sciences (Gold Medalist)
Fatima Jinnah Women University, Rawalpindi (2000 – 2002).
- LLB (Bachelor of law)
Baluchistan University, Quetta.
- B.A (Bachelor of Arts)
Govt. College for Women, Bahauddin Zikria University, Multan.
- "Gratification of Pakistani Audiences in United States: TV Channels of Pakistan on USA Cable network", ISBN # 978-3-659-39731-8, Lambart Academic Publishing
- "Mediatization of Politics, International Conference on Management Research 2012", November 29-30,2012 – Lahore, Pakista
- "Interpersonal Negotiation and Conflict Among Female Producers in Private and Public Radio Station", Journal of Gender and Social Issues, Autumn 2009, Volume 8, Number 2.
Research, Conferences & Workshops:
- Attended Workshop on “Development of Curricula for Journalism Education” organized by Dept. of Communication and Media Studies, Fatima Jinnah Women University in collaboration with UNESCO, 12th May, 2011.
- Attended Workshop on “Strengthening Media Professionalism and NGO- Media Interface in Pakistan, India AND Sri-Lanka for HIV/AIDS Coverage” organized by Allama Iqbal Open University in collaboration with The University of Miami’s School of Communication, Indiana University’s School of Journalism, 8th – 9th January, 2010.
- Attended Workshop on “Research Methodology” organized by Fatima Jinnah Women University in collaboration with QEC, 8th – 19th June, 2009.
- Seminar on “Cultural Change and Public Policy” organized by ISAPS, 16th Oct, 2008.
- Attended Workshop on “Media Law and Ethics” organized by Islamic International University, 17th July, 2008.
- Coordinated and co instructed Global Classroom Project Course, linking Fatima Jinnah Women University, Pakistan and the University of Nebraska-Lincoln, United States of America, Spring Semester, 2008.
- Attended Workshop on “Research Methodology” organized by FJWU in collaboration with QEC, March 2008.
- Participated in a conference arranged by Department of Education, Fatima Jinnah Women University on “National Conference Empowering Teachers; Practices and Possibilities”, 3rd -4th March, 2008.
- Participated in a conference arranged by Department of Mass Communication, Punjab University on “National Unity and Integration”, February 25th -27th, 2008.
- Participated in Conference arranged by QEC in Lahore on “Quality Assurance in Education”, 15th -16th June 2007.
- Participated in International Social Sciences Conference “Endangered and Engendered” organized by FJWU in collaboration with HEC in December 10th -12th , 2004.
- Supervised eighteen Master’s level theses and nine Bachelor’s level Project at Fatima Jinnah Women University.
- Prepared video documentary on railway stations and trains.