- Naseem, S. & Crutcher, P.A. (2016). Conceptualizing Core Practices for Professional Development of Novice Mentors. Pakistan Journal of Education. 33(1), 65-86.
- Crutcher, P. A., & Naseem, S. (2015). Cheerleading and Cynicism of Effective Mentoring in Current Empirical Research. Educational Review, 68 (1), 40-55.
- Naseem, S. (2013). Looking Ahead: Insights from the US for Pakistani Teacher Education. Journal of Asian Development Studies, 2 (4), 37- 43.
- Naseem, S. (2009). Review of the book New Teacher Mentoring: Hopes and Improving Teacher Effectiveness. by E. Moir, D. Barlin, J. Gless, & J. Miles. Biannual Journal of Gender and Social Issues, 8(1), 49-53.
SEMINAR REPORT (In review process)
September 10, 2015 – Report on 1st 1st National Symposium/Showcasing on Thematic Research in Social Sciences held at HEC, Islamabad
Teacher mentoring, professional development of mentors, professional development of in-service and pre-service teachers, use of qualitative research methods, professional identity, issues pertinent to curriculum development, teaching practicum, etc.
Pre-STEP Doctoral Scholarship 2009 – 2014
Dissertation & Research Practicum Support, Michigan State University, USA 2011 – 2012
- Feb 26, 2016: 1st Multidisciplinary Graduate Conference, held at FJWU
- March 3-4, 2008: Assistant Conference Coordinator for the 1st National Conference on Empowering Teachers: Practices & Possibilities, organized by Dept. of Education, Fatima Jinnah Women University, Rawalpindi.
- Naseem, S. (2016). Voicing the unvoiced: Mentoring models, purposes, and practices of novice science mentors. Paper presented at International Conference on Research & Practices in Education, Feb 2-3, 2016, AIOU, Islamabad- Pakistan.
- Naseem, S., & Richmond, R. (2014).Those experiences have made me who I am!” Narratives of Novice Science Mentors about Their Mentoring Practices. Paper presented at NARST Annual International Conference, March 30 – April 2, 2014, Pittsburgh, PA.
- Naseem, S., & Richmond, R. (2013). Personas of Novice Science Mentors. Paper presented at NARST Annual International Conference, April 6-9, 2013, Puerto Rico, USA.
- Naseem, S. (2011).Effectiveness of Teacher Mentoring: A Reality or a Myth? Paper presented paper titled at International Education Conference March 25-26, 2011 at New York University, NY.
- Hafeez, S., & Naseem, S. (2010). Enhancing Students’ Learning through Thematic Teaching at Primary Level. Paper presented at Midwest Regional Comparative and International Education Society Conference October 29-30, 2010 at Eastern Michigan University, Ypsilanti, MI.
- Naseem, S. (2008). Impact of Montessori Training on Teachers’ Performance in Early Childhood. Paper presented at 3rd National Conference on Education (November 26-27, 2008) at by University of Sindh, Hyderabad.
- Naseem, S., & Bibi, S. (2008). Collaborative Action Research for Empowering English Language Teachers. Paper presented at 24th SPELT International Conference (October 24-26, 2008) at Fatima Jinnah Women University, Rawalpindi.
- Naseem. S. (2008). Reflective Teaching and Professional Development: An Investigation Of Prevalent Reflective Practices. Paper Presented At 1st National Conference On Empowering Teachers: Practices & Possibilities, March 3-4, 2008 at Fatima Jinnah Women University, Rawalpindi.
- January 13-15, 2016: International Conference on Gender, Social Sciences & Humanities, held at FJWU
- November 5-6, 2007: International Conference on ‘Quality Teacher Education: Promises & Practices’ organized by University of Education, Lahore in collaboration of Higher Education Commission, Islamabad.
- April 16-17, 2007: National ELT Conference: Current Teaching Practices and Future Prospects organized by Fatima Jinnah Women University, Rawalpindi in collaboration with HEC.
- January 16-18,2007: A National Conference on ‘Professional Development of Teachers at Higher Education in Pakistan’ organized by National Academy of Higher Education (NAHE),Learning Innovation Division and HEC.
WORKSHOPS/ TRAININGS (CONDUCTED)
- One- day workshop on 'Teacher as a Mentor' for college and university faculty held at NUST on November 28, 2016
- One day workshop on 'Mentoring Novice Teachers: Coordination, leadership and support from the heads of partner schools' at teaching practicum on November 10, 2016 organized by Dr. Ghulam Behlol, Department of Education
- Sessions on 'Communication skills & personality' & Plagiarism' College Teachers' Training September 19-October 1, 2016, organized by University of Education at LID-HEC
- Sessions on 'Communication skills & personality' & Plagiarism' College Teachers' Training August 29-September 10, 2016, organized by University of Education at LID-HEC
- Session on 'Communication Skills and Communication Barriers' In-Service Short Term Training of for Faculty Members in Coordination with Punjab Higher Education Commission May 30-June 3, 2016 at FJWU
- February 1, 2016: ‘Lets refine what I draft: Features of academic writing’ Held on at AIOU
- February 23, 2015: Training for Masters Trainers of Biology organized by FG TAMES Directorate
- May 22-23, 2015: Activity based teaching for conceptual understanding organized by Ujala Foundation, Islamabad
- December 26-28, 2015: Teaching and application of new teaching methodologies at elementary level organized by Ujala Foundation, Islamabad
- August 22-26, 2016: In-service short term training for college principals/ DDOs organized by PHEC at FJWU
- January 18-20, 2016: Methods of Research in Social Sciences organized by Department of Education, FJWU
- May 7, 2015: talk on “ Multiple Paradigmatic Approach in Social Sciences” by Dr. Afshan Huma
- April – May, 2015: Organized Urdu-English-Math Content Seminars for B.Ed Students
- March 25- April 3, 2015: Dr. D. Sharpes’ Talk Series organized by Department of Education, FJWU
- February 2015: Coordinated Dr. Bud Kanyo Talk on “Culture, Gender, and Education: Perspectives from a Teaching Father”
WORKSHOP/ TRAININGS ATTENDED
- 2009-2014: Attended seminars of Ph.D. Scholars and job talks by visiting faculties at MSU.
- June 8-19, 2009: Participated in Professional Development Workshop, organized by Dr. Mussaret Anwar Sheikh under the HEC International Linkages of Pakistani Universities with foreign Universities.
- May 28-30, 2009: Attended a short course on Introduction to Early Childhood Education, organized by Educacy Foundation, Islamabad.
- May 16, 2009: participated in one day workshop on Implementing Portfolios in Classrooms, organized by Educacy Foundation, Islamabad.
- May 26-30, 2008: Attended a follow-up workshop on ‘Training of Faculty Member of Public Universities as Master Trainers’ in Interactive Teaching and Learning Methodologies, organized by Higher Education Commission, Islamabad in collaboration of Children’s Resource International, Pakistan.
- March 27-29, 2008: Participated in 3-day workshop on ‘Orientation of National Curriculum for Lead Master Trainers organized by Curriculum Wing and Ministry of Education in Collaboration of UNESCO, Paris.
- December 10-14, 2007: Attended a workshop on ‘Training of Faculty Member of Public Universities as Master Trainers’ in Interactive Teaching and Learning Methodologies, organized by Higher Education Commission, Islamabad in collaboration of Children’s Resource International, Pakistan.
- November 5-6, 2007: Attended International Conference on ‘Quality Teacher Education: Promises & Practices’ organized by University of Education, Lahore in collaboration of Higher Education Commission, Islamabad.
- August 20-21, 2007: Attended ‘Professional Development and Capacity Building’ course, organized by University Putra Malaysia.
- July 05-07, 2006: Participated in a workshop titled ‘Interactive Teaching Methodology’ organized by Children Resources International (CRI) in collaboration with FJWU.
- July 10-15, 2006: Participated in a workshop on ‘Study Skills Course for Teachers’ organized by FJWU in collaboration with HEC.
- November 21-23, 2005: Participated in a workshop on ‘Testing and Evaluation’ organized by HEC.
- June 20-25, 2005: Attended an in-service course on ‘Development of Teaching Skills’ arranged by St. John’s High School, Rawalpindi.
- June 30 to July 5, 1997: Participated in a workshop on ‘Guidance and Counseling’ organized by Pakistan Education Foundation, Islamabad.
- August 3-8, 1996: Participated in a workshop on ‘Teaching of English’ organized by Pakistan Education Foundation, Islamabad.
- August 21-24, 1995: Participated in a workshop on ‘Multi-grade Teaching Techniques to Raise Competence and Capabilities to Introduce an Activity-based Child Centered Approach in his/her Classroom’ organized by Adult Basic Education Society, Rawalpindi.
June 20-27, 1993: Participated in an ‘In-service Course’ organized by Education Center, Dar-ul- Hikmat, Lahore.
Project title: Understanding influences on secondary science mentoring practices
Principal/co-principal investigator: Dr. Gail Richmond/ Samina Naseem
Duration: One year