||Dr. Rohama Gill
||Quaid-i-Azam University, Islamabad, Pakistan./ Universite de Strasbourg Strasbourg, France
||M.Phil. (Inorganic/Analytical Chemistry)
||Quaid-i-Azam University, Islamabad, Pakistan.
||Quaid-i-Azam University, Islamabad, Pakistan.
||M.A Educational Planning and Management (EPM)
||Allama Iqbal Open University Islamabad, Pakistan.
09/07/2010 - To Date
Fatima Jinnah Women University, Rawalpindi
Doctoral Research Fellow
Université de Strasbourg et Center National de la Recherche Scientifique (C.N.R.S), Strasbourg Cedex, France
Punjab Education Department, Higher Education Wing, Government of Punjab.
Lecturer in Chemistry.
Govt. Post Graduate College for Women, 6th Road, Satellite Town,Rawalpindi.
Govt. Post Graduate Viqar-un-Nisa College for Women, Rawalpindi.
Quaid-i-Azam University Islamabad, Pakistan
Junior Research Assistant
- S.Mahboob, R. Gill, M.Mazhar, G. Kociok-Köhn ; K. C. Molloy: ‘Synthesis and characterization of trichlorogermyldioicacids:crystal structures and complementary hydrogen bonding motifs in 3-(trichlorogermyl)pentanedioic acid and 2-[(trichlorogermyl)-methyl]butanedioic acid’ Monatshefte für Chemie , 139, (9), 1019, 2008. (ISSN: 0026-9247)
- R.Gill, M. Mazhar, S.Mahboob, M. Siddiq: ‘Synthesis, Structural Characterization and Thermal Behaviour of Block Copolymers of Aminopropyl-Terminated Polydimethylsiloxane and Polyamide Having Trichlorogermyl Pendant Group’ Polymer (Korea), 32, (3), 239, 2008. (ISSN 0379-153X)
- Rohama. Gill, Muhammad Mazhar, Olivier Félix, Gero Decher: 'Covalent Layer-by-Layer Assembly and Solvent Memory of Multilayer Films from HomobifunctionalPoly(dimethylsiloxane)'. Angewandte Chemie International Edition, 21st July 2010, 49, (35), 6003-6227. DOI: 10.1002/anie.200907161 (ISSN 1433-7851) (IF = 13.734 ) (cited in 17 research articles)
- R. Gill, M. Mazhar, O.Félix and G. Decher, Angewandte Chemie Volume 122, Issue 35, August 16, 2010, Pages: 6252–6255, DOI: 10.1002/ange.200907161
- R. Gill, M. Mazhar, M.Siddiq: ‘Structural characterization and thermal behaviour of block copolymers of polydimethylsiloxane and polyamide having trichlorogermyl pendant groups’ Polymer International’10th Nov. 2010, 59, (12), p.1589-1605. (ISSN 0959-81030)
- A,Mahmood, R. Nazir, R. Gill.:‘Biosorption potential and kinetic studies of vegetable waste mixture for the removal of Nickel (II)’. DOI: 10.1007/s10163-012-0079-4, January 2013. Journal of Material Cycles and Waste
- H.Zafar; R.Nadeem; R.Saeed; R.Gill; T.Iqbal; K.Akhter Journal: ‘Exclusion of Zn (II) from Aqueous Solution Using Corncob (Zea mays stalk) after Chemical Modifications with Inorganic Acids and Bases’ TDWT Published June 14, 2013, Desalination and Water Treatment. Manuscript ID: 807472
- N. Alam, M.Shahid, M. Mazhar, M. K. Rauf, K. C. Molloy, R. Gill: Synthesis and Characterization of Cyclotetrakis(µ-oxo-dimethylaminoethanolato?N:?O) tetrakis(iodozinc) toluene solvate and Bis(dimethylaminoethanol) cadmium(II)iodide. Z. Kristallogr. 2014; 229(8): 573–578: Zeitschrift fur Kristallographie. Manuscript Number: zkri-D-13-1721R2.
- R.Gill, Q.Nadeem, R.Nadeem, R.Nazir, S.Nawaz ; ‘Biosorption capacity of vegetable waste biomass for adsorption of lead and chromium’, Journal of Biodiversity and Environmental Sciences Vol. 5, No. 2, p. 306-317, 2014.
- R. Gill, Q. Nadeem, S.Aslam, R.Nadeem, R.Nazir ‘Removal efficiency of vegetable waste mixture for uptake of Cd (II) and Cu (II) ions’ ; Journal of Biodiversity and Environmental Sciences Vol. 5, No. 4, P.239-249.
- T. Yasin, ; S. Khan ; M. Shafiq ; R. Gill , ‘Radiation Crosslinking of Styrene-butadiene Rubber containing Waste Tire Rubber and Polyfunctional Monomers’ Radiation Physics and Chemistry, RPC-D-14-00218R, 2014, 106 (2015) 343–347.
- R.Gill, Q. Nadeem; M. Rizwan, ‘Fabrication of energy efficient conductive composites using nonconducting polymeric materials.' Am. Chem. Soc., Div. Energy Fuels, 60(1), 379-381, 2015.
- Gill, R., Batool, S,Qureshi,S.S., and Khalid,R.(2015).Nanofabrication of Block Copolymers of PDMS/Polyamide having Trichlorogermyl Pendant Using LbL Technique, _Journal of Chemical Society of Pakistan, _37(3): 468-473.
- Q. Nadeem, M. Rizwan, R.Gill, M. Rafique, M. Shahid; Fabrication of Alumina based electrically conductive polymer composites. Journal of Applied Polymer Science, 2016, 133(05).
- Papers presented in international conferences
- Q. Nadeem, R. Gill, M. Batool, T. Fatima. Design and Synthesis of Electrically Conductive Composites for Energy Efficient Advanced Materials’Oral presentation in the 252nd ACS National Meeting & Exposition – CHEMISTRY OF THE PEOPLE, BY THE PEOPLE, FOR THE PEOPLE, Organized by the American Chemical Society, August 21-25, 2016, PHILADELPHIA, PA, USA
- R.Gill , S.Batool, S.S.Qureshi, M. Rafique, ‘Nanofabrication of multilayer composite assemblies using epoxy components with amino modified clay’ Oral presentationin the 5th International Conference of Fuel Cell and Hydrogen Technology 2015 (ICFCHT2015) ,September 1-3, 2015, Kuala Lumpur, MALAYSIA.
- R.Gill, Q. Nadeem; M. Rizwan, ‘Fabrication of energy efficient conductive composites using nonconducting polymeric materials’ Oral presentation in the 249th ACS National Meeting & Exposition – CHEMISTRY OF NATURAL RESOURCES, Organized by the American Chemical Society, March 22-26, 2015, Denver, Colorado, USA.
- R. Gill, A. Mahmood, S. Batool, Nanofabrication of Robust Hydrophobic Multilayer Thin Films and Their Potential Application for Oil Removal 3rd International Conference and Exhibition on Laboratory Technology (LABTECH 2014) October 28 to 30, 2014; Manama, Kingdom of Bahrain
- R. Gill, S. Batool, S.S. Qureshi , R. Nadeem, A. Mahmood, “Use of catalyst in multilayer assemblies of elastomer based nano thin films via layer by layer technique, 25th National and 13th International Chemistry Conference, University of Punjab, Silver Jubilee Event of The Chemical Society of Pakistan, October 20-22, 2014, Lahore, Pakistan
- R. Gill, T. Bibi., S.S.Qureshi, H.M.Siddiqi ‘Nanofabrication of Epoxy Amine Composites Via Lbl Multilayer Assemblies’ IUPAC 2013, 44th World Chemistry Congress, from 11th to 16th August 2013. ISTANBUL , TURKEY (published in proceedings of conference)
- R. Gill, N. Bukhari, S.Safdar, M.Batool. "Extraction of Lead through Supported Liquid Membrane Using Triethanolamine/ Cyclohexanone Carrier and Na2SO4strippant" 16thInternational Conference on Heavy Metals in the Environment (ICHMET 2012) from September 23rd to 27th , 2012. (paper published in proceedings of conference article Number: 09003, Published online: 23rd April, 2013,http://dx.doi.org/10.1051/e3sconf/20130109003), ROME, ITALY
- R.Gill, S. S. Qureshi, G. Decher, M.Mazhar, O. Felix, Catching the end-groups: Covalent layer-by-layer assembly of ultrathin coatings of homobifunctional PDMS. IUPAC 44th WORLD POLYMER CONGRESS MACRO 2012, 24th June to 29th June 2012. VIRGINIA TECH., BLACKSBURG, Virginia, U.S.A
- R. Gill, O. Felix, G.Decher, S. Saeed; Catching the end-groups :Covalent layer-by-layer assembly of ultrathin coatings based on homobifunctional PDMS as an ‘invited poster’ at International Symposium on "20 Years Layer-by-Layer Assembly: New Frontiers for Fundamental Science and for Applications", March 10 – 12, 2011, Strasbourg, FRANCE
- S. S. Qureshi, Z. Zheng, R. Gill, O. Felix, G. Decher.: Optimisation and speed up of deposition conditions for covalent LBL assemblies of epoxy components for producing robust multilayer films as an ‘invited poster’at International Symposium on "20 Years Layer-by-Layer Assembly: New Frontiers for Fundamental Science and for Applications", March 10 – 12, 2011, Strasbourg, FRANCE
- R. Gill , S. S. Qureshi : Small angle X-Ray studies of Layer-by-Layer Assembled Multilayer Films from Homobifunctional Poly(dimethylsiloxane), MAIC 200/22, International Year of Chemistry 2011, Chemistry Conference 2011, March 14th to 16th, 2011, The Department of Chemistry, University of Karachi & H. E. J. Research Institute of Chemistry, Karachi, Held under the auspices of The Pakistan Chemical Society. Karachi. Pakistan
- A. Mahmood, A. U. Firdous, R. Nazir, R. Gill : Biosorption and kinetic studies of heavy metal ions from aqueous solution by a mixture of vegetable waste, 3rd Chemistry Conference 2011, on ‘Recent Trends in Chemistry’ October 17-19, 2011, Chemistry Division, PINSTECH and DNFC, Islamabad, Pakistan
- R. Gill, T Bibi, S. Khan : ‘Hydrophobic and Chemical Resistant Epoxy-SiloxaneNano-composites Multilayers via Layer by Layer Deposition Method’ CIIT-UDEL-NSF; Joint international workshop on Nano technology: policy ethics and science; organized by Comsats, University of Delaware, USA, and National Science Foundation, March 25-27, 2013 Islamabad, Pakistan
- K. Shahid, S. Irshad, R. Gill; Effect Of K2SO4 And KOH Strippants On The Transportation Of Lead Ions Across Triethanolamine/Cyclohexanone Based Supported Liquid Membrane; Oral Presentation at The 5th Chemistry Conference 2013 On “Chemistry In Engineering And Life Science, PINSTECH , November 4 to 6, 2013. Islamabad, Pakistan
- R. Gill, M. Mazhar: ‘Synthesis, structural characterization and thermal behavior of block copolymers of aminopropyl- terminated polydimethylsiloxane and polyamide having trichlorogermyl pendant group on fumaric acid,’ Oral Presentation, Code 0920, IUPAC, 42nd World Polymer Conference, MACRO 2008, Taipei
- Best Research Paper Award by the Higher Education Commission-Pakistan under the program 'HEC OUTSTANDING RESEARCH AWARDS 2010-2011'.
- Research Productivity Award (RPA 2011-12) by the Pakistan Council for Science and Technology, Ministry of Science and Technology, Islamabad, Pakistan.
- Awarded Indigenous Batch-II Scholarship for Ph.D by Higher Education Commission, Pakistan (HEC) (Jan.2005 to Dec.2008).
- Selected as Doctoral Research Fellow by the Higher Education Commission, Pakistan (HEC) under the International Research Support Initiative Program (IRSIP) at University de Strasbourg, Institut Charles Sadron, Centre Nationale Recherche Scientifique (CNRS) Strasbourg, FRANCE.
- Awarded Merit Scholarship by the University Grants Commission for M.Phil degree.
- Awarded Scholarship under the Auspices of President’s Talent Farming Scheme at B.Sc level by National Academy of Higher Education, University Grants Commission
- Awarded Merit Scholarship at HSSC level by FBISE
- Attended the Summer School held under the auspices of President Talent Farming Scheme at Khanspur Ayubia, Center of Basic Sciences (COBS), University Grants Commission.
- Certificate of Excellence on the selection as one of the Hundred Talented Female Child of Pakistan on the SAARC Year of the GIRL CHILD 1990. UNICEF sponsored program 1990.
- Life member of Pakistan Chemical Society of Pakistan
- Member American Chemical Society (ACS)
Dr. Rohama Gill (PI); 'Synthesis of hybrid polymers for layer-by-layer assembly for mimicking the structure of nacre' 20.2274/NRPU/R&D/HEC/12; Funded by the Higher Education Commission (HEC) – Pakistan, Duration: Thirty six months, Amount: Pak. Rs. 10,980,504/= May 2013, (In progress)