Ms. Shahla Tabassum
- Fatima Jinnah Women University, Rawalpindi, Pakistan.
Assistant Professor (Dec 2007 - To Date).
- University of the Punjab Lahore, Pakistan.
Visiting Faculty (Sep 2006 - Mar 2007).
- Consultant, Action aid Pakistan, Area office, Lahore (October - December 2004)
- Trainer/ program officer, Action aid Pakistan, Area office, Lahore (Nov. 2001-2003)
- Program Coordinator, Community Development, Strengthening Participatory Organization (SPO) Office in Lahore, Punjab (Sept 97 to August 98)
- Field Officer – Women, Youth, Environment Section, Family planning Association of Pakistan (FPAP) Lahore, Pakistan (Nov 87 – July 97).
- Serve as a teacher and promoting peace and understanding through a course in English “Global Understanding’ a colloberative project with East Carolina, University,USA and FJWU.
- Teaching ‘Violence against Women’ and ‘Seminar on Women studies’ at Masters Level at University of the Punjab,Lahore as visiting Faculty.
- Teaching and designed course “Marriage, Family and Family Laws” at University of the Punjab, Lahore as visiting Faculty.
- MS in Sociology
International Islamic University, Islamabad (2008-2011)
- Masters in Women’s Studies
Universsity of the Punjab, Lahore (2003-2005)
- Post Graduate Diploma in Demography
Universsity of the Punjab, Lahore (1986-1987)
Research Publication :
- Tabassum, S., & Zaman, S. (2008). Impact of Education and Income on Reproductive Decision Making among Working and Non Working Married Women. Journal of Gender & Social Issues , 7(2) 41-49.
- Pervez, R & Tabassum, S.(2009) “Representation of women in Pakistani print media: A content Analysis” Nabila Jurnal Pusat Studi Wanita Universitas Muhammadiyah Yogyakarta, Indonesia: XIII(1):7-14.